< An Amstrad CPC game for two players >
Face your rival and cast the craziest spells to decrease their strength. Move around the platforms, go up and down the stairs sidestepping your opponent's spells. But be careful! Magic can have unexpected effects. Things won't always go as you'd wished... Be witched or be dead!
- 2 simultaneous player battle
- 4 direction fire
- 2 game modes available
- 5 stages
- 6 characters
- 4 items to collect
- Trap switch
- Use the numbers shown in the menu to navigate between screens
- You can redefine both player controls, because there's nothing more pleasant than redefining your own keys...
- Players can be controlled by joystick
|PLAYER 1||Movement||PLAYER 2|
According to the CPCRetroDev rules, we included a gesture to Larcena's Legacy, CPCRetroDev's first edition winner. We included a playable character from the game.
Developed by Hinaman (2022)
- Edu Hinarejos (Hinaman) | Code and graphics
- Pioj | Music and test
- Susana Tapia | Translations
- MHR | Load screen
- LADDH | Testing and ideas
- José María Pardina | Testing and ideas
- Maribel Fuentes | Load screen's atrezzo
and also thanks to:
This game has been released under the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE version 3
The following software has been used:
- CPCTelera | Integrated development framework for creating Amstrad CPC games and content
- Visual Studio Code | Code editor
- Aseprite | Animated sprite editor & pixel art tool
- Tiled | Level editor
- Arkos Tracker | Tracker to compose music and sfx for the AY3-8912
- Schism Tracker | Tracker to compose music (and "move them" to Arkos Tracker)
- ConvImgCpc | Conversion of images to the CPC
- playTXZ | CDT player for testing the game on a real Amstrad CPC
- Retro Virtual Machine | Amstrad CPC emulator
- WinAPE | Windows Amstrad Plus Emulator
- OpenOffice | Text editor for documentation
- Henny Penny by Brownfox | "Witched" title font under the Open Font License
- Tape cover image by jcoope12 under Pixabay license
On a real Amstrad CPC:
Insert the tape into the cassette deck, reset your computer, type RUN" and press enter, press PLAY and then any key. The loading time is about 4 minutes.
Insert the disk on the disk deck, reset yout computer, type RUN"disc and press enter.
On an emulator (Retro Virtual Machine recommended):
- TAPE (CDT file)
Run the CPC464 machine emulator, open the .CDT file, reset the machine, type RUN" and press enter, press PLAY and then any key. The loading time is about 4 minutes.
- DISK (DSK file)
Run the CPC6128 or CPC664 machine emulator, open the .DSK file on the emulator, reset the machine, type RUN"disc and press enter.